LMS Ski Trip February 20 Update
Good morning, again.
This message is STILL intended for parents of those LMS students scheduled to participate in our Hidden Valley Ski Trip this afternoon/evening.
We have been in touch with our chartered bus company and with Hidden Valley. Based upon the very unpredictable nature of this afternoon’s weather forecast, including the possibility of freezing rain/sleet/wintery mix, we have decided to cancel today’s Ski Trip. Buses and slick/icy conditions are not a good combination.
As previously communicated earlier this morning, a make up date is built into our yearly schedule. This will be next Friday, February 27. For those students who cannot make the trip next Friday, passes can also be used for any Friday that Hidden Valley is open this season.
Student ski equipment is located in our Welcome Center Lobby, by grade level. If you have the opportunity, items may be picked up during the school day. Students may also take equipment home this afternoon, but please keep in mind that such items may take up a fair amount of space on our district (yellow) school buses. If equipment cannot be taken home this afternoon, it will be relocated to a secure area of our offices over the weekend. I will be around today until 4 pm, keeping an eye on the front entrance and Lobby, in case you can come by.
We fully understand that cancellation of today’s ski trip can cause a complication in your day, but feel that we must err on the side of caution and safety (as soon as I post this, it probably won’t do anything weather-wise today and I will look foolish – I can live with that).
An announcement will be made to students and staff at the end of the current class period, around 10:30 am.
I will follow with a Friday Update later today or over this weekend.