LMS Ski Trip February 20

Good morning.

This message is intended for parents of those LMS students scheduled to participate in our Hidden Valley Ski Trip this afternoon/evening.

Weather forecasts call for precipitation coming into our area today, into this evening.  This “wintry mix” could include freezing rain, but anticipated arrival times vary based upon which outlet you access (local media says it may arrive this afternoon, while our school’s Weather Bug system has it arriving later this evening around 8 pm).

We will monitor forecasts during the morning, consult with personnel at Hidden Valley, and make contact with our chartered bus company.  If a decision is made to cancel today’s Hidden Valley trip, a follow up Blackboard Connect and Blog message will be sent out before 11 am today.  If your child has signed up for this evening’s trip, please monitor your email periodically this morning.

If the trip should be cancelled, 1) we do have a scheduled make up date on February 27, and 2) any equipment already at school today that cannot be taken home this evening will be secured in our office area over the weekend.

If at all possible, we will hold our trip to Hidden Valley this evening, but our overall concern is the safety of our students and staff/chaperones, particularly as they travel to home or back to school this evening.

Thanks for your time,


Greg 

Popular posts from this blog