National Junior Honor Society information
Our National Junior Honor Society sponsors asked if I would send out follow up information regarding NJHS for this school year. This information will also be available during Fall Parent Conferences.
Applications will be sent to qualifying students in January of the students’ 7th grade and 8th grade year.
To qualify for an application, students need:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.8 or above.
- Eight or more O’s in citizenship in the first semester of the current school year.
- No I or U Citizenship grades in the first semester of the current school year.
- Fifteen (15) hours of community service. Feel free to investigate community service opportunities yourself, but one resource that can be of help is www.volunteennation.org
- No assignments to BIC or out of school suspensions during the current school year.
- Completion of the NJHS Candidate Form, including the Student Activities Form and Honors and Awards form.
After students have completed their NJHS application, there is an additional selection process conducted by the NJHS Faculty Council to determine membership.
For questions, you may email Lisa Granich-Kovarik at email@example.com or Kevin Kearns at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gregory Baber B.S.Ed., M.Ed., Ed.S.
Principal, Ladue Middle School